Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday in Guangzhou

Today was a free day for us. We spent most of the day here around the Hotel while Louise went to pick up the medical results. The knot on the back of Ali's head is still there and now she has 2 more forming. I do not want to take her to the Dr. here but we are also scared to wait till we get back to the states. Her cold seems to be clearing up. Every time she sneezes clear snot comes out. She STILL will not sleep all night. I can't just let her cry herself to sleep. I don't want all the folks in the hotel thinking we are being mean s we walk, and walk, and walk, and change, and change, and change, and eat, and eat, and eat, lol get the picture? lol But when she wakes up in the morning with that great big ole smile...It just melts your heart!!!

I thought I wasn't feeding her correctly so I went on line and found that I was doing a pretty good job. She LOVES oatmeal and bananas and we have found that she does not care for the rice cereal or congy. She drinks formula or watered down apple juice. I brought some apple sauce and carrot baby food but she will not eat that either of them. We have learned to give her a FULL belly when we go eat breakfast and 7 times out of 10 she will sit and be good while we eat. We will feed her a little after we are done and then we will save the rest for her for later. Russ and I have ate pretty good everywhere we have been so far. I did get American fried chicken from Lucy's the other day...lol, it tasted more like Capiton D's! lol I had to de-bread it so I could eat it.

We went to a few more shops today here on the Island. I got some silk Christmas stockings to hang on the fireplace. I think the guy was upset because Russell wouldn't buy a watch from him, so I don't think he gave me a good price but I just loved them so I had to buy them. We found some "Made in China" t-shirts in this same shop. I am going to get Ali a pink one before we go home. We got an etching ordered for Ali and it should be ready on Thursday.

On our way back to the hotel there was some type of festival going on in the park close to the hotel. I think it was something to do with the Moon Festival. There were 2 Lions dancing at the gate of the entrance along with some drummers. The hotel is selling Moon Cakes and I am thinking about getting some mini cakes to bring back home with us. Russell said...YUCK! lol Russ & Ali got their photo taken again by a Chinese lady this time. You would think as many families come here for their adoption that the local people would know what a baby carrier is. All the people, Louise said, know we will be good parents because the Father is taking care of the baby and not the mother outside the home. She said it is the Mother who carries the children not the Father. While at the free market the other day a little ole lady came up and was telling Louise that we have a very lucky baby.

We have a very nice lunch in the hotel then walked it off, gave Ali a nap and then played. Then we went to do some "Fake" shopping. Russell got a Rolex and an Omega watch. It was way to crowed and hot for me and I was getting claustrophobic so we had to go. Poor Russ didn't get to shop very long. He was in Heaven with all those watches! For things like this I wish we had someone here with us. I can't go out in very crowded places like that as I get so so uneasy and I do not want Russell to go alone. I don't dare go someplace like that without Louise! lol Yes..call me a scaredy cat!

Last night we spent some time by the pool. Of course only one of us could swim. I took care of Ali so Russell could enjoy the pool. She couldn't get in the water with her cold. Don't want it to stay any longer!!

Consulate appointment is today. We have to stay in our room till 11 just in case Louise has to call for any reason. I think Russ was hoping to go with her. I know I was. I have no Idea what we will do today. I know I am ready to come home. I need MY CAR, MY BED, MY HOME, MY FAMILY & FRIENDS! Can you tell I miss you all! lol

Have a great day. Till next time...
Lisa, Russell, & Ali





No comments: