Monday, August 23, 2010

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

No pic's on this post.

Last night was a LONG night. Ali woke up at least 3 times with a sour tummy. She has not pooped at all yet. Should I give her a suppository? What do you do when they wake up with a sour tummy? Okay all you Mom's help me out here!! I did give her some apple juice mixed with water sometime during the night. I think that kinda helped...till she woke up again. But this time she didn't wake up screaming bloody murder, she woke up with a great big ole smile and wanted to play! So I let her play while I acted like I was sleeping. I hoped she would settle down and fall back to sleep...BOY WAS I WRONG! haha

The last time she got up and wouldn't go back to sleep Russell got up and took care of her so I could get some rest. He was up with her for quite a while before he got her back to sleep. She is still asleep as I type this but she is starting to squirm around and whimper. So she will be awake soon. Russell went to down for some breakfast so that when she gets up I will be able to eat today when Ali and I go down for breakfast! lol

Nothing on the docket today just gonna stay here at the hotel. We are not going to be able to go to the orphanage or to Poyang to see her finding place. We did however get the complete newspaper with her finding add in it. We have a NEWBORN PICTURE!! I am very excited about that! We are bummed that we don't get to go to her home city but we are okay with it too. We do know where she was found and have the name of the person who found her so at least we have something.

Ali has been such a very good baby girl and she really only cries when she is wet or hungry. She does have a big ole knot on the back of her head. It looks like she may have fell or hit her head before they gave her to us. It does appear to be going down. Our guide said if it doesn't go down anymore soon, she is going to take us to the hospital to have it looked at. Well, Russ is back from breakfast. I guess I will get dressed and go down to eat while Ali is still asleep. Depending on what we do today will depend on a post later on today.

Love, Lisa

6 comments:

Michele said...

Lisa,
A couple of things for the sour stomach. Baby's have a very delicate stomach, so if she has only had a bottle and rice cereal since she was born, DO NOT give her any kind of food. It is very hard on her system. You should start out with baby food first and the mild ones at that.
Also, each time you make her a bottle, if she does not finish that bottle throw the rest of it out and when she wants another bottle make her a new one. Do not keep the unfinished bottle. That baby formula goes bad very quickly.
I hope this helps for now.
Love you Michele

Jenny said...

Lisa I absolutely LOVE reading the updates on this blog and seeing the pictures of sweet Alison with you and Russ. She's beautiful! I wish you all the best in the rest of your trip there and a safe trip back home. :)
As for her not being able to go to the bathroom, try apple juice without the water mix. Straight juice usually helps. We had to give it to Mackenzie & Christopher both. if apple doesn't help, try Prune which is a bit stronger.
Hope that helps sweet Ali.
Love to all!
Jenny

Heather BT said...

It's not unusual for a new adoptee to go three days without a BM. Things that may help, Honey, Sugar, Fruit. Yep, give her a packet or two of sugar. If she still has pains, put her in warm water, the heat around her belly will help.
Also, just have as much of her belly touching you and your body as possible, the heat from your body will help too.
H

Brandi said...

Hey- I sent you an email also...I would suggest 1 ounce of prune juice to 1 ounce of water. Then again- if she is eating baby food- she should be old enough for some stage 1 or 2 prunes. a little of that may help. If you can find Milicon- it relieves gas and may help with her belly ache. She is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

If she's eating baby food - prunes. Or oatmeal is great.
Good luck!!
Kim Wampler

Tina said...

Apple juice usually does the trick for Reed. I pray she finds relief soon. Let us know about her bump, I hope it goes down and she is ok!
Love and hugs,
Tina