Sunday, August 22, 2010

New update from Beijing

The count down to our last hours as single parents went by very slow!
We left Beijing at 11:20 am Sunday morning and arrived in Nanchang about 1:30 pm.
We had a nice drive to the hotel. We are staying at the Galactic Peace International Hotel.
It is very beautiful when you walk inside.

Once we got into our room we unpacked and I got the gifts ready to pass out. Oh, while we were getting our bags checked in at Beijing, they took 3 of our Zippo lighters that we searched high and low for at home to give as gifts. WELL, THEY MISSED 2! They are very STRICT at the airport in Beijing! We made if all the way to Beijing with 5 and left with 2! ...ANYWAY, As we were getting ready to relax a little there was a KNOCK ON THE DOOR!
GUESS WHO!?!?! There standing in front of us was our BEAUTIFUL baby girl! She did whimper just a second, but I had her calmed down in no time. She likes to hold my hair. The nanny didn't bring her to us. We hope to find out if the nanny even got to make the trip and hope to meet her tomorrow if she did. Once the person left that had brought her to our room, Louise and I changed her very wet diaper. She did not like that at all!! Well, we got her all cleaned up and took off her spit pant jumper and got her all dressed in her "I Love Daddy" outfit and she was a happy camper.

She was getting hungry, so Russ and Louise went to Walmart to get formula. While they were gone, Ali and I got a chance to get to know each other. She LOVES to be held up in the air and loves it when I tickle her belly with my face.I had her laughing in no time. We had a wonderful bonding experience. I am so thankful that Russell gave me this opportunity to bond like this with our daughter.

Once Russ and Louise got back, Russ made her bottle. I started feeding her and I could see the look in Russell's face so I gave her to him and he was in Heaven! She didn't try for me, so that was good. She was too hungry. She drank about 4 oz then was fast asleep. In the mean time Louise was going over a few things with us on making sure we keep her WARM so she adjusted the temperature in our room. It is just a tad stuffy in here for me, but I know Ali is comfy so I am not gonna complain one bit!

Louise came back to our room around 6pm and we filled out a lot of paperwork that we have to turn in tomorrow to complete our adoption for China. We had to thumb print in red over every signature. Russ was so excited to be doing this. He made me video and take snap shots! haha He is going to be such a Wonderful Daddy!

After Louise left, Ali woke up. We played a little before I went to sleep so I could wake up with her in the night. Russell got to have some bonding time with her while I slept. He was feeding her the rest of her bottle before I went off to la-la land. I don't know how long they stayed up. All I know is now I am wide awake and they both are sound asleep!

In the morning we go to the Civil Affairs office and complete the rest of the adoption paperwork process for China. Then we will go have lunch somewhere I think. I have no idea what is on the calendar after our appointment in the morning.

We hope you all are enjoying the pictures of our sweetie pie.

Love... Lisa, Russ and Alison!

3 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

OH she is so beautiful!!! Those sweet teeth just make my heart smile BIG! So glad she is doing well and bonding to you both! What a precious angel! We are SO happy for you!!

Love,
Steve, Monica and Lily Mei

Heather BT said...

I remember the stuffy rooms, it really helps. It's tough, but comfortable for us sends the kids into sniffles and colds.
We loved Nanchang, be sure to get some pottery. Jiangxi is home to Jingdezhen, where porcelain originated.
She looks so adorable

Our Journey to China said...

She is officially yours! Woo-Hoo!!