Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love from China....

Well, I don't know what I did different yesterday thnt the day before. But Alis slept through the night with out waking up with an upset tummy! She and Daddy are still sound asleep. It's about 5:30 am here.

Yesterday was a nice quiet day in the hotel. We did a little exploring in the Hotel. We tried Ali in the stroller but it didn't last very long! haha Maybe about 15 minutes or so. She played a lot today.

Here are a few things she had done today... Roll around like crazy, she can get up on her hands and knees. She is trying to crawl but for now she just scoots herself backwards. So it will not be long till she is on the move!! I put her in the crib to play and she pulled herself up on her knees her legs are still a little wobbly. She kept on and on till she got up on her feet for just a few seconds! I think she was proud of herself. She just grinned like ..Haha, Look what I just did! Then she fell to her knees (LOL) it was so funny just watching her.

So far all her diet is, is formula...what the orphanage told us she was drinking, and Apple juice mixed with water. I brought some baby food - carrots and apple sauce- she does not like either one! I brought some puffs and she likes them okay but she got a little choked up both times I tried to give her some, so she isn't getting any more of those till she is a little older. I bought this really neat feeding thing that you put fruit or other types of food in and it is supposed to help them get introduced to other foods. We put a small piece of banana in it yesterday and she tore that up, she loved it. But it makes a big ole mess. At least I know now that we can use that. I did give her some pourage yesterday morning with some sugar in it. She loved it! Her diet from what we were told was formula, juice, egg, fruit, and a few other things I can't remember right now. I was like, there is no was she can be eating eggs. I gave her a few small bites at breakfast Monday morning and she knew what she was eating and she would open her mouth before I could get the fork to her mouth! Like feeding a little bird! haha

She is such a good baby. I know I keep saying that but she is always full of smiles and laughter.
She keeps us smiling! Russell has taught her how to do raspberries! So she will stick out that tongue and just spit she thinks it is so funny. Then she gets Daddy doing it to her and she will keep doing it back to him. To funny!

If it doesn't rain today we are going to try to get out. BUT, if it is still too hot Russell and Louise will go out and Ali and I will stay in. We need to get a few things from Wal-Mart and go shopping for a few gifts for Ali. There is a figurine down stairs in the gift shop I am going to get if we can not find one in town cheaper. It is a little girl sitting on an ox. She was born in the year of the ox so I thought that was just perfect. I know I will be going home with that for sure!

Being locked up in the hotel has been wonderful. Getting to know Ali and she getting to know us has been perfect.

Oh, I almost forgot... Last night Russell got his Beijing Duck! lol The hotel serves it in the Chinese restaurant. Oh my gosh..it was so yummy! Although we didn't get to stay very long at the restaurant, we did have enough time to enjoy it. Someone was getting sleepy! The girls in the wait staff had a ball with Ali. The girl that waiting on us, saw that I was having a time eating and dealing with Ali, so she came and held Ali so I could eat. Then ALL the girls came over and goo-ed and gah-ed over her. But they had to ask if she was a boy or girl..lol SHE HAD ON PINK!! lol She loved the attention! There was a play area for children so they brought her a few balls to play with also. She got lots of hugs!

Not much else going on. Thanks for ALL the helpful advice from everyone!!

Love you all!!

Lisa, Russ & Ali






2 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Sounds like the perfect day!! Hooray for poop!!!! So glad you are able to stay in and do some major bonding! Love all the pics...that sweet smile is so precious!!

Love ya'll,
The Carters

Our Journey to China said...

Absolutely precious, priceless!!!