Monday, August 30, 2010

Guangzhou Sunday and Monday . . .

Hi.

I am sorry that we didn't post an update yesterday. We went exploring around the Island and were a little tired.

Yesterday we got up and had our first breakfast down stairs. Wow, we learned to make sure for the rest of the week to get down there a little bit earlier than we did! IT WAS busy!

We walked around the hotel and found the Red Couch area and the play room. We took a few pictures of Ali in the play room. There is a piano in there that she likes to play with. She didn't last to long in there when we were there yesterday as it was getting close to nap time; and boy was she in need of one!! We tried to wear her out yesterday so she would sleep good. The last few nights she has been getting up about 3 am and she is in need of a diaper change, she is also wanting to eat, and wanting to play!

We found a lot of the same type shops. We did get a few things for Ali. She ended up with another CNY dress, 3 pr shoes (2 are squeeky shoes). While we were out shopping the staff in one store gave her a China flag and the staff in another store gave her a cross necklace. We went into Jordon's and he was so kind to write Alison's name in Chinese for us for free. I got a fan to fan myself off in this heat and this is where we got Ali's 3rd pr of shoes. When we got back to our room, Ali and I took a nap. While napping there was a knock on the door and there was Ali's barbie! That was a nice surprise to wake up to.

We walked almost the whole Island. We watched a few of the local's swimming in the river. There were a lot of photo shoots going on all over the Island. A few of them took a few pic's of Ali in Daddy's arms. I think they thought they were being sly..lol but I saw them. I would just smile and wave once they realized that I saw..lol they would wave back. We got a lot of "Happy Baby" from the older women. We only have so far experienced one rude person. It was a man who I guess didn't like the fact that we had Ali. Our guide wasn't with us, so I have no idea what the man said.

We had dinner at Lucy's. Well I should say, Russ had dinner at Lucy's. I had to box mine up and bring it back to the room. I still didn't get to enjoy it. Ali does not like to sit still very long at all.
She likes to be on the go and thankfully she loves the baby carrier. We face her out front and she loves to look at everything.

She didn't sleep very well last night. Ali has been taking a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I have been trying to get her down for sleep around 8pm. But she will wake up not long after she goes down. I even make sure she has a clean diaper and a full tummy. But, she will wake up with a very full diaper or still wanting more to drink. Last night it seemed like every time we turned around she was awake and I know the whole floor knew she was awake. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. She does have a cold and her poor nose is so runny. I have been giving her Tylenol and I am wondering if that's why she isn't sleeping well.

Today she had her medical exam. She is 15.9lbs, and I forget how long. The Dr said it sounds like she might have a heart murmur. He said she should grow out of it. The knot on the back of her head is still there, so it can't be from hitting her head. If it was that, it should be gone by now. It does seem to be smaller, but I really can't be positive on that. The Dr didn't say anything about it today. We are going to make an appointment with Dr Chambers as soon as we can once we get home to have her look at it.

After medical, we went across the street to the free market. I tell you, the smell of all the dried goods reminded me of a farm when the farmers are harvesting the hay. It smelled so fresh. Russ tried to get me to touch dried snake! NO WAY!! lol There are so many strange things that they dry and used for food or medical. I wanted to take some photo's but Louise said most of the locals do not like to have pictures taken, so I didn't even get the camera out. Once we left the free market, we came to a really nice street with upscale shopping and a very nice "town square". I did take pictures of that street.

Not much more going on tonight. We ordered lunch from Lucy's. Once again. Russell got to eat his food first while mine got ICE COLD! He told me this morning that I needed to eat fast so he could go get his food. NEVER ONCE HAVE I COMPLAINED when I let him go get his food first and let him eat while I cared for our daughter!! Sorry, I had to vent there! I don't think I have got to complete a meal with Ali glued to me body. lol She is a Momma's girl!

I think tonight we are just going to take it easy. We may go to the pool. Russell went down by himself last night while I tried to get Ali to sleep. Guess I will let Russell finish this so I can go take care of Ali. She is waking up from her nap.



No comments: