Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day 2008


Wow, what a Memorial day weekend!
Saturday Russ and I worked in the yard. Sunday after Church we went to our friends, The Howard's, for lunch. We cooked out BBQ chicken...YUMMY!! Great Job on the chicken Gary. After dinner, Russ and Andrew played the Wii. lol Elizabeth and I went to the movies and left the fellas home playing games. We went to see Baby Mama. It was funny, but not as funny as we thought it was going to be. Thanks for a fun time Howard Family!
Russ is playing baseball on the Wii.

Andrew is playing golf on the Wii.

Monday, Memorial Day

Russ has been wanting to ride his road bike down the Natchez trace to my parents house for the longest time. Well, He did it Memorial day. 49.93 miles!! We started out North of Collinwood, TN and road all the way to Cherokee, AL. I drove along in the truck. It took us about 3 hours. Russ took about 3 or 4 breaks. I am so proud of him for going through with this!! He did great!


State line on the Trace.

This is where i grew up. Here is the Tennessee River! This is Colbert Park. I have so many wonderful memories with so many different family members on this part of the river. My High School Senior Picnic was even held here. I wish it hadn't been so hazy this day. When the sun hits this river...Oh, Beautiful is all I can say!

After our long trip we made it to my brothers house. We changed as soon as we got there and hit the swimming pool. Sorry, no swimming pool photo's. Maybe next time. We had a family BBQ. My brother grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs. My mom made potato salad and baked beans. My Sister made home made ice cream and I made a salad! lol

This is my Beautiful Niece Haley Jo. Oh my gosh...She will be 16 this year! She already has a car and is driving. Where have the years gone?? She use to stand n a chair next to me and bake cookies or cooked with me. Now she doesn't even want to do anything but hang out with her friends!! Oh well...TEENS!! What are we going to do with them?? lol

I hope you all had a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Love, Lisa & Russ

3 comments:

Chad and Kristy said...

Wow, 50 miles is 3 hours. I once walked 60 miles in 3 days (20 miles a day). After that, I swore off exercise. I figure I did enought to last me for a very long time!!

Kristy G

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and yes, you are more then welcome to come to Colorado with us... hehe... last time we stayed in Colorado Springs and Georgetown... I fell in love with CO... take care and drop by any time...

Tina said...

Sounds like fun. Tim is very dangerous with the Wii.
Just ask Steve Carter, they were playing baseball and he smacked Steve in the neck with the bat. He's not allowed to play that one anymore :-)